Price Per Person
* * Children (3 – 10 years old): 25% off discount
Children 0-2 years old pay US$14.00 car seat charge fee
** Tour is not offered on Mondays and Tuesdays
Duration: 6 hours
Location: San José, Central Valley
Estimated Departure from San José: Between 6:30 A.M. – 07:30 A.M.
- Round trip transportation from San Jose area hotels
- Bilingual guide (English/Spanish)
- Entrance fee to Irazú Volcano National Park
Cancelation Policy for one day tours
- Cancellation must be made a full 48 hours prior to the service, otherwise a penalty of 100% will be applied 90% refund if cancel 48 hours or more (10% charged to cover bank refund fees).
- No refunds for No shows.
The Irazu Volcano (Volcán Irazú) is situated in the Cordillera Central (Central Mountain Range) just a few kilometers from the city of Cartago, within a relatively short and pleasant drive from San Jose.
As you begin the drive up to the breathtaking summit of the volcano, you’ll pass farms of all types; coffee plantations, ferns, strawberries, etc. The trip leads up to a spectacular view of the massive crater which is home to a lagoon with a mystical green hue surrounded by jagged rocks.
It should be mentioned, that on a clear day you can actually see both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans!
After an exciting tour of the volcano, we’ll make a stop at the historical city of Cartago, Costa Rica’s original capital, where you'll visit the mysterious ruins of the old Parish and take in the beautiful Basilica of our Virgin of Los Angeles (Virgen de los Angeles), Costa Rica’s patron saint, with rich displays of carvings, statues and other art.
- Comfortable shoes