Salsa Dance Lessons
Salsa Dance Lessons
You will get to immerse yourself in Costa Rica's vibrant and friendly culture by learning to Dance Like a Local! Be sure to sign up for our Dance Lessons with a local instructor to get your feet moving to the beats of merengue, salsa, cumbia and a Costa Rican favorite bachata. This is done as a group experience with a minimum of two clients.
Our Salsa Dance Lessons offer a unique opportunity to experience Costa Rican culture and get your feet moving to some tropical beats! Plus it makes for a great workout and you'll make new friends with your new dance skills! We have local instructors who take their time to walk you through the steps of some of the most-popular types of dance in Costa Rica.
Most Costa Ricans learn to dance from an early age and one could say "it's in their blood..." Merengue is probably the style of music you'll hear most-often around Costa Rica and probably the easiest to learn how to dance to. It's a quick two-step pattern and the man is responsible for directing the woman with his right hand back and forth. Cumbia is believed to come from Colombia, but Costa Ricans have put their own twist on how to dance to it. It's a mostly sideways step in a 1-2-3-4 count that Costa Ricans call the "Swing Criollo" that adds a special bounce on the step and goes a little faster.
And then there's Salsa... the sexiest of Latin dancing that originated in Cuba - when you get to the Salsa part of the lesson, you'll be doing spins and turns! So, once you take one of our Salsa Dance Lessons, you'll feel completely comfortable out on the dance floor at any of our bars, nightclubs and "Discos" around Costa Rica.
Salsa Lesson Logistics:
1) This is more than just a lesson, it's a full-Costa Rican cultural experience! You get picked up from your hotel and taken to a gorgeous location just outside of the town of La Fortuna
2) You'll meet your experienced Salsa Dance instructor and get set up in partners
3) Your instructor will start giving you some instructions on foot placement and understanding the different musical rhythms and types of music.
4) You can order a wine or beer from our Tiki Bar for an extra cost
5) Practice your moves a bit more
6) Feel free to head out to the local disco and show off your new moves! Your instructor will then recommend a local disco for you to check out afterwards and show off your new moves!
Price per person: $ 35.00
The tour includes:
RECOMMENDED AGES: 3-99 YEARS