Doka Coffee Tour, Poás Volcano
Price per person
- BILINGUAL GUIDE (ENGLISH/SPANISH)
- ENTRANCE FEE TO DOKA COFFEE TOUR
- ENTRANCE FEE TO POAS VOLCANO NATIONAL PARK
Children (3 – 10 years old): 25% off discount
Children 0-2 years old pay US$14.00 car seat charge fee
- – Cancellation must be made a full 48 hours prior to the service, otherwise a penalty of 100% will be applied 90% refund if cancel 48 hours or more (10% charged to cover bank refund fees).
- – No refunds for No shows.
We will visit the Doka Coffee Estate for a delicious breakfast. Then we will be treated to a coffee tour in an actual coffee plantation where we will learn the ancient techniques used by the experts to produce some of the best coffee in Costa Rica and around the world. The careful process involved in the cultivation, harvesting and roasting of the Golden Bean will then be illustrated, very hands-on, and then we will savor the delectable product.
After the coffee tour, we will continue to Poas Volcano National Park, where there is a noticeable change in temperature and exuberant vegetation of the cloud forest.
The Poás Volcano, is an active 2,708-metre (8,885 ft) stratovolcano. The crater of the volcano is over a mile across and 1050 feet deep. It has erupted 40 times since 1828, including April, 2017.
At the Volcano we will have time to enjoy the impressive main crater with its sulfur fumaroles, and hike on a trail to the beautiful Botos Lagoon as we learn about the different ecosystems in the park.
- LIGHT JACKET OR SWEATSHIRT
- WALKING SHOES
- INSECT REPELLENT