Combo Tour: Doka Coffee Estate – Poás Volcano – La Paz Waterfall Gardens
Price per person
IVA is include () tax
- Coffee tour and breakfast at Doka Estates
- Entrance to Poas Volcano National Park
- Entrance to La Paz Waterfall Gardens: Butterfly Observatory, bird watching areas, hummingbirds gallery, snakes gallery, frogs gallery, old house, trails to waterfalls, and feline exhibit.
- Buffet lunch at La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Round trip transportation from San Jose area hotels
- Estimated Departure from San José: 7:30 am
- Estimated Return to San José: 5:30 pm
The Combo tour is an intense fun filled set of three distinct adventures. As you ascend the terrain and approach the Poás Volcano you will notice a change in temperature and vegetation; you’ll see coffee plantations as well as fern, flower and strawberry farms along the way, creating a beautiful array of colors and textures.
On the way to the volcano you’ll visit the Doka Coffee Estate for a delicious breakfast, then treated to a coffee tour in an actual coffee plantation where you’ll learn the ancient techniques used by the experts to produce some of the best coffee in the world. The careful process involved in the cultivation, harvesting and roasting of the Golden Bean will then be illustrated, very hands-on, and then you’ll savor the delectable end product.After the coffee tour the journey continues to the Poás Volcano where you’ll not only admire the impressive main crater with its sulfur fumaroles, but also learn about the different ecosystems in this unique and protected national park.
Following the visit to the volcano you’ll continue to La Paz Waterfall Gardens for a scrumptious lunch and tour. Upon arriving at La Paz, you’ll walk through a trail, leading to a spectacular waterfall in the middle of the rainforest. Inside the park you’ll visit the hummingbird gallery, serpentarium, aviary, butterfly garden, frog exhibit.